In yesterday's episode of Smashing the Plateau, Ruth Messinger shared some wonderful insights on being a leader and scaling a non profit organization.
Ruth talked about giving back, becoming more clear about who you are as an organization, learning how to listen as a leader, and what it means to be a leader in 2015.
Below, are some of her biggest influences:
1) Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, author of Moral Grandeur and Spiritual Audacity. Ruth is Inspired by his many books, trenchant observations about social justice.
2) Eleanor Roosevelt inspires Ruth for a life well lived, her work on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and her brilliant observations on being a woman in public life.
3) Steven Lewis, Canadian former UNAIDS official, head of AIDS Free World. He was a brilliant audacious leader on AIDS, on rape, on role of women in societies around the world.
4) Any of a large group of Righteous Gentile Holocaust rescuers including Nicholas Winton, Chiune Sugihara, Andre and Magda Trocme.
5) Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.