Josh Turner’s Reading Recommendations: Marketing and Financial Awareness
On his interview on yesterday's episode of Smashing the Plateau, Linked Selling founder Josh Turner described founding and developing his business in the wake of the 2008-2009 recession, and moving from offering freelance CFO services to helping businesses develop their LinkedIn marketing campaigns.
Here, he lists the people who have helped influence his understanding of marketing and finance:
1. Gary Vaynerchuk (@garyvee, author of Crush It! and previous guest on Smashing the Plateau)
Turner admires how Vaynerchuk has "so much energy and passion," adding that Crush It! "opened my eyes to a different way of marketing and branding on the internet."
2. Tony Robbins (https://www.tonyrobbins.com/; author of Money)
"I love his new book Money—I think there's some awesome stuff in there. Everybody that cares about their future and things like investments and personal finance should pick up a copy of that."
3. Chet Holmes, author of Ultimate Sales Machine
"Loved his book—tons of good stuff in there."
4. Bill Prenatt (SimplySuccessful-LLC.com)
Turner writes that Prenatt "pushed me to really move my business to the next level."
5. Russ Henneberry (@RussHenneberry)
Hennebury "helped me see through some muddy issues in my early days, which allowed me to really explode."